Education Buying's Cleaning DPS shines
Our Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for school cleaning services just got approval from the Department for Education (DfE). This is a big deal for us and a giant leap forward in our quest to make school environments cleaner and safer all across the UK.
So, who are we, and why is this such a big deal? We’re Education Buying, and we’re all about making sure schools have the best solutions for everything they need. From cleaning services to exercise books, we’ve got it covered. Our mission is to be the go-to for schools, academies, colleges, and universities.
DPS Unveiled: The Cleaning Edition
Now, let’s talk about our Cleaning DPS. This is the answer to all your school’s hygiene and cleanliness needs. It’s compliant with all the necessary regulations (PCR2015, to be precise), which means it’s a smooth ride to get those cleaning contracts sorted. Schools can access fully managed cleaning services from a list of almost 80 pre-vetted suppliers, making the whole process faster and more efficient.
We’ve divided it up into geographical areas or ‘Lots.’ This means that cleaning providers from all over, whether they’re local heroes or national experts, can showcase their skills. From term-time cleaning to those deep cleans, window washing, and even removing rubbish from classrooms – it’s all in there. Your school can now tap into pre-qualified cleaning expertise through our dynamic purchasing system. That means no fuss, no worries about regulations, just cleanliness and hygiene at its finest.
What sets our DPS apart is its flexibility. Suppliers can hop on board after they have been vetted and checked, giving schools a shot at running a competitive process. You can even nominate your local cleaning suppliers to be added on. Plus, we’ve got pre-made procurement documents with step-by-step instructions, so you’re not left scratching your head, saving time and ensuring everything’s compliant.
We’re all about making sure everything is accurate and above board. Before any documents are added to the e-procurement portal, we give them a good once-over. We’re all about accuracy and giving schools the peace of mind they deserve. And what’s more – we’re big on social value. Our assessed award criteria let suppliers propose social value outcomes that not only help the school but the whole community.
A testament to excellence
Our DPSs are a win-win. Schools get access to pre-qualified suppliers, which means you’re ticking all the procurement boxes while getting a great deal. But it’s not just the schools. Suppliers are able to get themselves in front of a wider audience, growing their businesses and working hand-in-hand with schools.
This DfE approval is like a gold star on our homework – it’s proof of our unwavering commitment to making the education sector’s procurement life a whole lot easier. We want schools to focus on what they do best: delivering top-notch education while knowing their support services are cost-effective and high-quality.
Top tips for school cleaning services procurement
Making sure your school is clean and safe is a big deal, and we get it. Here are some of the most important things to consider before embarking on your cleaning services procurement journey.
- Before you dive into the whole procurement process, take a step back. Check out what’s already working, what needs fixing, and where you can improve. This forms the basis for your future cleaning contract and supplier choice.
- Before you make any moves, get to know your current cleaning contract. When does it end? What’s the notice period? Who owns the cleaning equipment? The more you know, the better prepared you’ll be.
- Plan ahead – we recommend a minimum of 6 months. This process can take a bit of time, especially if the contract’s value is above a certain threshold. So, get a head start and avoid last-minute stress. Picking the right time for the contract is crucial. Starting in the middle of a term is not ideal. Kick-off at the beginning of the school year or after a holiday break. That gives your current supplier time to wrap up, and the new one to get things going.
- Don’t forget to check if TUPE regulations apply to your current cleaning staff. Get all the details from your current provider, like salary info, terms, conditions, and pensions.
- Consider existing frameworks or DPS – they are like the shortcut to getting what you need. They’re pre-approved and all set for schools to tap into. No need to do the whole procurement dance from scratch.
- Collaboration is key – If you’re in a network of schools, consider teaming up. It makes your cleaning services more attractive to suppliers. Get a project group together, write down the plan, and you’re off to the races.
- Preparing your specification- This is where you get into the nitty-gritty. Be clear on what you want. Do you want to save money or improve the service? Base your specification on these goals.
- Think about how long you want the contract to run. It’s usually 3 to 5 years, with some flexibility.
- Think big – social value should be part of your service contracts. It’s not just about the bottom line; it’s about benefits for the environment, economy, society, and culture.
- You want everyone safe and sound. Make sure your suppliers are up to scratch on health and safety standards, including COSHH and proper training.
- Quality evaluation – You’ve got to be crystal clear about how you’re going to pick a supplier. Balance cost and quality, and make sure everyone knows how you’re scoring.
- Cost evaluation – Break down the costs in detail. Labour, supplies, equipment, transportation – it’s all in there. No surprises!
- Tender evaluation – Get a team together, and keep it fair. At least three people should do the evaluation. Make a plan and stick to it.
- The contract – Once you’ve picked your supplier, it’s time to put it all in writing. Sign that contract and give everyone some breathing room before the services start.
- Ongoing contract management -Keep things in check with regular contract review meetings. Use those key performance indicators (KPIs) to make sure everyone’s doing their bit. It’s all about improving and making sure things run smoothly.
In conclusion, Education Buying’s Cleaning DPS is like a superhero for schools. It makes sorting out your new cleaning services contract a breeze and keeps everything legit. With a big focus on social value and making your life easier, it’s here to raise the bar for cleanliness and hygiene in schools all over the UK. If you’re looking for a simple and efficient way to keep your school spotless and safe, Education Buying’s Cleaning DPS is the answer you’ve been waiting for. Let’s keep those schools sparkling!