Download your free
Request for Quote (RFQ) Template
Helping you by simplifying the process saving you time being compliant
Access your free RFQ template now
A handy request for quote template to make it as easy as possible for you to collect bids on your low-value tenders.
This Request for Quotation can be used when seeking quotes from suppliers for goods/services/works. The template is unlikely to be suitable to your organisation if the resulting contract would be deemed as high risk, complex, high value, or long-term. Please always refer to your internal policies, procedures and/or rules first.
If applicable to the works/services, you may wish to also consider the following topic(s):
Please specify all measures (including all policies, procedures and processes) that your organisation has in place to safeguard data (including personal data) and to keep it confidential.
Health & Safety
Please self-certify that your organisation has a Health and Safety Policy that complies with current legislative requirements. (For example (but not limited to), the Health and Safety at Work Act (HSWA) 1974, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR) 1999, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 and The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 1995)
Please confirm that you have sufficient levels of insurance cover for this requirement and detail what this is. Evidence of this might be requested prior to entering into a contract.
Does your organisation have a Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Children’s Policy?
For example, asking for evidence of: Gas safe, NAPIT or NICEIC, Federation of Master Builders or CHAS.
Please get in touch with Education Buying if you would like advice on any of the following:
- Inclusion of Social Value outcomes (environmental, economic, or social) within the RFQ
- Reserve your RFQ/tender so that only suppliers within your county and/or certain supplier types (e.g., SMEs) can participate (available in limited circumstances)
- Specific advice for the goods/services/works being bought
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or Service Level Agreements (SLAs) where the contract is to be monitored on an ongoing basis
- Advice and Guidance on procurement rules applicable to schools, MATs, or colleges